1 Postdoc (m/f/d) / Department Molecular Epidemiology
The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbruecke (DIfE) is a member of the Leibniz Association. The institute’s mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of nutrition and health, with the aim of understanding the molecular basis of nutrition-dependent diseases, and of developing new strategies for treatment and prevention.
We invite applications for the Department of Molecular Epidemiology (MEP) for
1 Postdoc (m/f/d)
We are interested in diet-related risk factors for the development of cardiometabolic diseases, i.p. type 2 diabetes. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop his/her own research projects in the framework of the department’s research agenda and to participate in national and international collaborations. The main focus will be on the statistical analysis of data from population-based cohorts (EPIC-Potsdam, EPIC, NAKO Health Study).
Requirements and Skills
- Exceptionally qualified applicants from academic backgrounds in biomedical science and PhD degree
- Expertise in epidemiological methods, preferably by post-graduate training of health sciences/epidemiology
- Expertise with statistical software packages (SAS)
- Research experience in the field of nutrition and cardiometabolic diseases would be an asset
- Highly motivated and the desire to interact with different national and international research groups
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English (in speaking and writing) and computer skills
We expect a very high degree of motivation, teamwork, independence, ability and willingness to engage in interdisciplinary collaboration in a diverse research environment.
We offer a vibrant and interactive research setting, excellent working conditions, close collaboration with national and international project partners, state-of-the-art equipment and support mobility with a jobticket for using the public transport.
The advertised position is available for 2 years. The level of salary will be determined on the basis of standard/tariff conditions, present qualifications and professional experience (TV-L, level E13).
Please send your documents (cover letter explaining your motivation, CV, copies of degrees/certificates and references) as a single pdf-file with reference nr. 2021_W03_H before July 7th, 2021 via e-mail to email@example.com.