1 Postdoc (m/f/d)
The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbruecke (DIfE) is a member of the Leibniz Association. The institute’s mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of nutrition and health, with the aim of understanding the molecular basis of nutrition-dependent diseases, and of developing new strategies for treatment and prevention.
We invite applications for the Department of Molecular Epidemiology (MEP) for
1 Postdoc (m/f/d)
Conduct of research within the frame of the DFG funded Research Group TraceAge (Website: www.uni-potsdam.de/de/traceage/) related to biomarkers of trace element status and the development of age-related chronic diseases:
- Statistical analyses to characterize the relationship of trace element profiles and the risk of cardiometabolic disease in the population-based EPIC-Potsdam cohort study
- Communication with Trace Age project partners
- Support of a PhD student and of TraceAge partner projects, e.g. by evaluating specific trace element related hypotheses in EPIC-Potsdam
Requirements and Skills
- Exceptionally qualified applicants from academic backgrounds in biomedical science and PhD degree
- Expertise in epidemiological methods by training of public health/epidemiology
- Expertise with statistical software packages (SAS)
- Experience in the field of nutrition and cardiometabolic diseases would be an asset
- Highly motivated and the desire to interact with different national research groups
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English (in speaking and writing) and computer skills
The advertised position is to be filled for 2 years. The level of salary will be determined on the basis of standard/tariff conditions, present qualifications and professional experience (TV-L, level E13).
We offer a vibrant and interactive research setting, excellent working conditions, close collaboration with national and international project partners, state-of-the-art equipment and support mobility with a jobticket for using the public transport.
Please send your documents (cover letter explaining your motivation, CV, copies of degrees/certificates and references) as a single pdf-file with reference nr. 2022_W08_H before May 31st, 2022 via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.