1 Postdoc (m/f/d)
The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbruecke (DIfE) is a member of the Leibniz Association. The institute’s mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of nutrition and health, with the aim of understanding the molecular basis of nutrition-dependent diseases, and of developing new strategies for treatment and prevention. The DIfE is a partner of the German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD).
We invite applications for the Department of Molecular Epidemiology (MEP) for
1 Postdoc (m/f/d)
Within the frame of the DZD-funded research, risk factors for the development of diabetes-associated complications will be evaluated in the population-based EPIC-Potsdam cohort study. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a variety of data (including anthropometry, diet and activity, physical and metabolic function, and cardiovascular and microvascular complications) and to develop their own research projects within the translational research of the DZD.
Requirements and Skills
- Exceptionally qualified applicants from academic backgrounds in biomedical science and PhD degree
- Expertise in epidemiological methods by training of public health/epidemiology
- Expertise with statistical software packages (SAS)
- Research experience in the field of type 2 diabetes and cardiometabolic traits and/or microvascular complications would be an asset
- Highly motivated and the desire to interact with different national and international research groups
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English (in speaking and writing) and computer skills
- Solid publication record
The advertised position is to be filled for 2 years. The level of salary will be determined on the basis of standard/tariff conditions, present qualifications and professional experience (TV-L, level E13).
We offer a vibrant and interactive research setting, excellent working conditions, close collaboration with national and international project partners, state-of-the-art equipment and support mobility with a jobticket for using the public transport.
Please send your documents (cover letter explaining your motivation, CV, copies of degrees/certificates and references) as a single pdf-file with reference nr. 2022_W07_H before May 31st, 2022 via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.