1 Doctoral Student (m/f/d) / Department of Adipocyte Development & Nutrition
The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbruecke (DIfE) is a member of the Leibniz Association. The institute’s mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of nutrition and health, with the aim of understanding the molecular basis of nutrition-dependent diseases, and of developing new strategies for treatment and prevention.
We invite applications to join the Department of Adipocyte Development and Nutrition (ADE) (PI: Tim J. Schulz, PhD) for
1 Doctoral Student (m/f/d)
starting on January 1st, 2021.
This interdisciplinary project addresses the physiological regulation of adipocytes and the mechanisms of their formation. In close collaboration with colleagues at the German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD), the effects of macro-nutrients and metabolic diseases on the molecular changes in adipose tissue will be investigated. Two main areas of research are examined:
- Studies on the role of (adipose) stem cells in the development of the metabolic syndrome
- Roles of diabetes and aging processes in the pathogenesis of adipose tissue dysfunction
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent M.Sc. (or equivalent) in a bio/medical research field
- A background in metabolic research or stem cell biology is desirable
- Preexisting knowledge in standard molecular biology methods (cloning, qPCR, analysis of gene expression), protein analysis (western blotting, enzyme kinetics), and histology
- Experience using flow cytometric approaches (FACS) and/or animal experiments would be beneficial but is not required
- High degree of motivation and ability to work in an interactive research environment
The position is available for 3 years. Salaries are paid according to the German federal tariff agreements (remuneration group E 13 TV-L [65%]).
The institute offers a vibrant and interactive research environment, close collaboration with the project partners in Berlin, state-of-the-art equipment and qualified training and enrolment in a local PhD program.
Please send your documents (cover letter explaining your motivation, CV, copies of degrees/certificates and references) as a single pdf-file with reference nr. 2020_W12_H before October 28th, 2020 via e-mail to: email@example.com.