1 Data Scientist / Statistician (m/f/d) / Department of Molecular Epidemiology
The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbruecke (DIfE) is a member of the Leibniz Association. The institute’s mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of nutrition and health, with the aim of understanding the molecular basis of nutrition-dependent diseases, and of developing new strategies for treatment and prevention.
We invite applications for the Department of Molecular Epidemiology (MEP) for
1 Data Scientist / Statistician (m/f/d)
starting on January 1st, 2021.
The department is part of a multidisciplinary team of scientists to set up a research data infrastructure for personal health data in Germany: NFDI4Health. The candidate will develop and validate statistical analysis extensions for distributed data analysis using DataSHIELD to fulfil the specific needs of major epidemiological studies in Germany. He/she will furthermore develop appropriate training and support materials to facilitate its use.
Requirements and Skills
- Excellent master and doctoral degree in a mathematical, computational or data science related discipline and knowledge of applied statistics and data analysis
- Capable of using R to develop functions, packages and end to end analysis pipelines
- Ability to learn and apply new and unfamiliar statistical methods and software packages
- Knowledge of collaborative work with common open source development tools (e.g. GitHub) desirable
- Highly motivated and the desire to interact with different national and international research groups
- a vibrant and interactive research setting
- excellent working conditions
- close collaboration with national project partners of NFDI4Health
- state-of-the-art equipment
- support mobility with a jobticket for using the public transport
The advertised position is available for 3 years. The level of salary will be determined on the basis of standard/tariff conditions, present qualifications and professional experience (TV-L, level E13).
Please send your documents (cover letter explaining your motivation, CV, copies of degrees/certificates and references) as a single pdf-file with reference nr. 2020_W13_H before November 30th, 2020 via e-mail to: email@example.com.